Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Finding Willow




One evening I was browsing through local rescue sites and came across SOS Equines.
On their website was an Arabian mare that caught my eye. I wasn't looking for another horse, I really wanted a pony for the grand kids. I couldn't stop looking at her so I filled out the application and sent it in. The next morning I took pictures and sent them in. Emails flew back and forth. That evening I was Willows new owner.

She came off a feedlot so had to be in QT for 21 days. I was beside myself with excitement, I could hardly wait for her to come home. This was something I wanted to do for a long time. I limit myself to 2 horses and our gelding died 18 months earlier. Besides Pixie was lonely and needed a companion.

I must admit though having 1 horse was alot easier to take care of. Alot less expensive and time consuming. Oh well, I think I am crazy at times.

Anyway the purpose of this blog is to chronicle Willow's return to health. I have never done this before, it will be interesting.

Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We don't call you the crazy horse lady for nothin'. woman! :)

And it only fair that dad has been "Long suffering" to your horse addiction, since you have "Long suffered" his contrary humor!